Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Happy Birthday, Mom!

Remember that time you came to Boston and stayed with us for 25 days? It was in January of 1987 and I was indisposed, in the hospital in Concord, Massachusetts expecting Bridget. You were in that big and freezing house on Andover Road taking care of Caity (almost 3) and Zach (almost 2). We had three major snowstorms during that time - you tried your hardest to keep up with that snowfall and made your way out to the driveway to shovel every single day. That extra long driveway. Do you remember it? One day you were shoveling, despite the fact that it was still snowing, and you instructed Caity to sit on that one step and wait for you. Zach was taking a nap . . . that's when Caity decided she should lock the door!

Thank you for all the times you came and rescued us when we were having babies. We needed you. When you finally made your way home to Texas we would often find evidence of your visit months later. Sometimes I’d go look for a tablecloth and would find it ironed in the closet. The napkins, too. The evidence was everywhere, but we didn’t need it to know you’d been there to help us.

On this birthday, in addition to the birthday wishes, may I say thank you (from the bottom of my heart) for all that you did for us when our family was heavy-laden with babies.

We love you. I love you.

Patti